Homemade Lay’s potato chips are crisp and salty. They’re an easy snack made right in the microwave!
- 1 Russet Potato, Scrubbed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, Plus additional
- Set a mandolin on the thinnest setting. Slice the potato.
- In a gallon-size zip top bag, place the potato slices, oil and salt. Shake until the slices are well-coated.
- Line a microwave-safe plate with a piece of parchment paper. Place potato slices in a single layer so they do not touch. Sprinkle with additional kosher salt. Reserve the remaining potato slices.
- Microwave the plate on high for 3 to 5 minutes, watching closely. The chips are done when they just start to brown. Do not over brown. And do not undercook, as the chips will not crisp.
- Remove the chips and let cool. Repeat with the remaining chips.