Pulled pork is a method of cooking pork where what would otherwise be a tough cut of meat is cooked slowly at low temperatures, allowing the meat to become tender enough so that it can be “pulled”, or easily broken into individual pieces.
Pulled pork is found around the world in a variety of forms.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted